Monday, January 9, 2012

Fits and starts

Began this blog over a year ago. I seem unable to stay at anything consistently. That might be my biggest gripe with myself, an utter lack of self-motivation. I envy those who have a routine, and the ability to set out to do a task and follow through! I lose track of my goal in the middle of getting up to do it. 

I wonder if there's a way to change that aspect of myself? If you're instinct is to tell me to "Just do it", or something asinine like that, I'd rather not hear it! If you've got something insightful to say, do tell!

6 comments:

  1. Sheena you are a extremely smart and talented person and you can do anything that you set your mind to ... so be true to yourself and just DO IT!!
    I know you said not to say just do it ... but I think I said enough other things to make you like me saying it. .. most of all don't be angry with me cause you ask for it and put the words right in my mouth.
    Hugs for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally giggled aloud! Thanks for the input:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I literally giggled aloud! Thanks for the input:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have trouble sticking with things, too. Just try to give it your attention until it becomes part of your routine. I really want to keep up with my blog, too, and hope it isn't one of my things that I just forget about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes Sheena I have a blogspot also, I write in it about once a year or so, when something hits me that makes me want to remember it, but it surely isn't a daily routine,

    ReplyDelete
  6. May I lend you some advice from a old guy? Not that you would need it because I believe someone like you who is very intelligent and able would eventually figure it out!! One thing I've learned through the years from planning major construction projects is putting down the tasks step by step to paper or in another suitable program(e.g., word,excel or ms project) and have as a reference to follow. Sounds simple right? It is and gives you a path to finishing those projects whatever they may be. Hope this helps and if you see me with my notebook, well now you know why, lol!! Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Be respectful. Only attack ideas and not individuals. Most of all, think!