Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pollyanna? Who'd have thunk?

As hard-nosed as I come across sometimes, I'm secretly a Pollyanna. When I engage in political debate, all I want to do is bring people to a place of love when dealing with each other. I believe, with all my heart, if we focused on helping our fellow occupants of this place we call earth, politics would be so easy. 


Those who are unable to work should be taken care of. That's what a compassionate society does. No, this does not mean we should let people cheat the system. There should be big punishment for those who abuse it. 


Those who are forced to live that way are not making a killing, I promise you. Please, have some compassion! If you know someone who is on welfare, take a moment to hear them. Perhaps you can encourage them to find a better way of life. I know I've done it for more than one person. 


We should help with healing the sick. Again, that is what a compassionate society does. Can you turn your back on a person who needs a doctor? I sometimes feel there are way too many in our society who agree with Ebenezer Scrooge, "Let them die, and decrease the surplus population!"


Do not turn a deaf ear and a blind eye to the suffering of those around you. If you have not a penny, give a word of comfort, if you have extra, support a loving charity, and give a word of comfort too. 


Pollyanna, signing off for now. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be respectful. Only attack ideas and not individuals. Most of all, think!