Tuesday, November 19, 2013

I can't figure me out some days. Well, truthfully, most days. I love being all connected with technology and electronic thingies. I love Kindle and Samsung and all that. But I also love books and paper and exquisite writing tools.

If I had a lot of money, I would buy tons and tons of books, old and new. I would have a library with a ladder like you see in movies. I would sit in the room, inhale the fragrance and write intriguing, quirky poetry with flourish.

Then, as I wearied of writing, I would walk down the hall to a room filled with electronic gadgetry all done in steampunk style. I would see amazing televisions and computers and steam age gadgets turned to the electronic age. It's wonderful the way the two could be melded in such a wonderful way.

It's funny, though, that I am strongly drawn to such opposite worlds. Both move me.

I've no doubt most people have such opposites within. Yin and Yang, Positive and Negative. We are all filled with paradoxes. Which makes it not a paradox at all.

2 comments:

Be respectful. Only attack ideas and not individuals. Most of all, think!