Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my Blogger! It's exciting to be back in the blog saddle. I'm not quite the blog newbie. I've had a blog three different places, Myspace, Live Journal and Yahoo 360. Yahoo 360 shut down, Myspace is old hat, and Live Journal is not busy, either.

I activated this blog with the intent of doing this for me. If someone else wants to read it, so much the better. I have a need to write, and this seems like the place for me to do it.

The first years on the internet were rough for  me. I had to learn the faceless people were real, living, breathing and feeling. It was easy for me to be snarky to someone who was not there. I could take a bad day out on the person posting on this site or that site, and I wasn't hurting anyone.

The table got turned when someone stole the screen name of a good friend, and proceeded to rip me to shreds. Pretending to be that good friend, they told me they didn't really like me, and they wanted to tell me what they really thought of me. The post was brutal, and I was in a sobbing heap before I could finish it.

I collected myself after a time, and called my sister. She logged on and read the post. She was infuriated, and called the friend. He had no idea what she was talking about. We researched and found the screen name was not the same. The way the name was formatted a period was a mile out past the name, off the visible screen. Further research led to the discovery of the culprit, who thought he was only having a bit of fun.

I learned you, the one reading this, are human. You have feelings. I understand that. I will do all I can do to be a worthy guardian of your feelings. I cannot avoid expressing my opinions. That's what I'm here for. I will do all I can do to keep from getting personal. I ask you be civil when you make comments. I look forward to getting to know you, and I hope you enjoy getting to know me!

Blessings upon you.

Sheena

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be respectful. Only attack ideas and not individuals. Most of all, think!